Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Gold The One Investment You Can Always Count On

When reading into and trying to understand the markets it is important to know a few things well. One cannot be an expert at everything and if you try, you will end up being good at nothing. One must find a place in the markets to park their butt, and learn.

Since I have entered the markets in late 2005, one of my first trends I identified was gold. I hopped on the gold bandwagon at the last time gold dipped below $500 and took off. That is almost 5 years ago and 150% return later, Gold is still going strong. Since that time I learned everything I could about gold, its fundamentals, its trading patterns anything and everything that has to do with gold. I learned the arguments for gold and arguments against gold. Over the last 4.5 years, basically memorizing everything to do with gold.

Now some may call me a gold bug because I believe gold is still far from peaking. But how can I be a gold bug when I have only been in the industry for 5 years? I am certainly not a gold bug and will jump off the train when the time is right, but that time is not now.

More often than not, (and after a bit of nail biting) my calls in gold are usually right. Last summer I called a breakout in gold the day Gartman claimed he sold all his gold and gold promptly went on a 4 month run from a breakout at $1000 to $1250...

This summer I called for a correction in gold, and though it wasn't as dramatic as I though it would be and it had to fail a breakout before it came down below $1200 and settle halfway in between my correction targets of $1140 - $1170 before promptly moving back to $1200. I heard so many people over the last week to get out of gold, on BNN, on Stockhouse, I even heard someone say short below $1170????

Really you can' fault these people because they don't follow gold like I do, but it proves you can't know everything and you need to defer to the experts instead of trying to know it all like most of those 'cases' on BNN. In the end they all look like fools... 3 analysts on BNN called for a major sell-off in gold. To the journalists credit, most of them gave the analysts a way out, asking about seasonal trades and timing, but all said the same thing... Sell gold. Don't buy it here.

I could not find a gold bull anywhere last week... except me. The fundamentals driving gold just won't relent and will stay in place for the time being.

I don't know much about the markets, and can often put my foot in my mouth, but one thing I know for sure is BUY GOLD!

The last 2 weeks were an excellent opportunity to buy like I said and now that we have confirmation that gold has bottomed and another breakout to all time highs is imminent, The time to buy Gold and Gold stocks is NOW!!! There is one area of resistance that needs to be broken before confirmation of this continuation pattern. This week or next, gold must beak through this last area of resistance between $1200 and $1210 to confirm the bottom that developed in gold over the last month.

I hope you took the last 2 weeks to load up on your favorite gold stocks because this fall is going to be another major run. If you haven't yet, there are still some good value for some great gold stocks.

EAS, VEN, CSI,SAS, SGR all have great growth profiles for a midcap names.

If you want more leverage and can assume more risk... CXT, PEM, DEC, and FAU are great smallcap names.

Happy Trading

No comments:

Post a Comment